he first step to getting your business online is registering your domain name. Your domain is your own address on the internet – your unique identifier by which people will remember and find your website on the world wide web. Your domain is also used within your professional email addresses (email@example.com), promoting your own brand and online identity with every email message.
Domain selection tips:
- Choose a domain name that represents your business, products and services.
- Domain names can be up to 63 characters, but try to keep your domain name short
and simple. A good domain name will be easily memorable and effortless for
consumers to remember.
- Use a popular keyword in your domain name.
- The easier the domain name is to pronounce, the easier it will be to remember.
- Dashes work well if you want to create a domain name that is unavailable, i.e.
www.your-company-domain.com (they also show up higher in search engines).
- Purchase domains that are spelled similar to yours and redirect them to your
- Get the whole package for you domain extension: .com, .net, .info, .biz, .org, .ca, .to, .co and many more…